News & Events
- November 29, 2018
- Lecture on the Mega Earthquake will be held on December 22. See the website (in Japanese) for details.
- November 08, 2018
- 5th Earth Science Research Seminar
- October 05, 2018
- 4th Earth Science Research Seminar
- October 01, 2018
- Professor Kyuichi Kanagawa will be onboard D/V Chikyu between October 7th and November 7th as a co-chief scientist of IODP Exp. 358 "NanTroSEIZE Deep Riser Drilling: Nankai Seismogenic/Slow Slip Megathrust (October 7th, 2018 to March 31st, 2019)". See here (in Japanese) for details.
- August 07, 2018
- Paper coauthored by Professor Nozomu Takeuchi "Bipolar dispersal of red-snow algae" was published in Nature Communications. See press release (in Japanese) for details.
- August 04, 2018
- Paper coauthored by Associate Professor Hitoshi Tomaru was selected as the 2018 Island Arc Award of the Journal Island Arc. See here for details.
- July 10, 2018
- 3rd Earth Science Research Seminar
- July 5, 2018
- Assistant Professor Yuji Ichiyama will be onboard D/V Chikyu for shipboard core description (ChikyuOman 2018). See here for details.
- June 12, 2018
- 2nd Earth Science Research Seminar
- May 1, 2018
- Briefing for 2019 Graduate School Entrance Examination
- April 4, 2018
- 1st Earth Science Research Seminar
- March 6, 2018
- Paper coauthored by Professor Toshinori Sato was selected as one of the highlighted papers in 2017 of the Journal Earth, Planets and Space. See here for details.
- May 26, 2017
- Assistant Professor Michiyo Sawai was awarded a Young Researcher Award 2016 from the Journal Earth, Planets and Space. See here for details.
Department of Earth Sciences consists of 9 groups at the undergraduate level, while of 7 groups at the graduate level for specialized education and research. The research of these groups covers various aspects of dynamic processes in global system based on geological, geophysical, geochemical, geomorphologic and remote-sensing disciplines. In addition to their major scientific projects for understanding the global system, they also contribute to make many social benefits, such as predicting natural hazards, discovering mineral, water and petroleum resources, and preserving natural environment.
Department of Earth Sciences
Faculty of Science
Address: 1-33, Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba, 263-8522, Japan